Welcome to the Nashville and Davidson County
General Sessions Court Traffic School
|Please read the important messages below, then click the "pay and enroll" button
at the bottom of the page to continue.
Notice to All CDL Holders!
If you currently hold a Commercial Driver's License, Class A, B, or C, or if you held CDL when the citation was issued, traffic school cannot be used to mask a driving offense per Tennessee Code Annotated §55-10-301(c); Code of Federal Regulations 49 C.F.R. §384.226. This means that State and Federal law mandate that, all traffic violations received by holders of a Commercial Drivers License, with the exception of a parking ticket, must be reported to the State Department of Safety, without exception.
A convenience fee will be added to all credit and debit
card transactions processed via telephone, mail or internet. The convenience fee
is assessed by the electronic processing company and no part of the fee goes to
Metro. When completing your online enrollment, you will be shown the amount due,
including the convenience fee, before you select to charge your credit card.
- You may also pay the class fee in person at
the Traffic School Office with cash, check, Visa, Master Card credit or debit cards.
- For Davidson County tickets, you must pay the clerk's fee at the Traffic Violations
Bureau. Click here
for more information.
- To enroll online via the button below, you must have a valid e-mail address. Online
enrollment can be completed for Metro Nashville Davidson County citations only.
- When you enroll for a live class, you will be able to select a class date and time
from a pre-set class schedule. You must attend class on the date/time you select.
- You may not reschedule traffic class unless you can provide documented proof of
an emergency or catastrophic event. All classes must be completed by the compliance
date to prevent automated state notification of non-compliance. If you do not attend
class after you have registered, the school fee is non-refundable.
- When you enroll for an online class, you will receive a custom login ID (PIN), password,
and the link to the school website where you will complete the class.
- You have
only 30 days from the date of enrollment to complete the online course and test at the end of the course.
- If you do not pass the test or complete the course within the time limit, you will
not be able to retake the class, you will not be given a refund of the class fee,
and your driver license may be suspended.
- Questions? Call the Traffic School business office at 615-862-8345,
or come by A.A. Birch Justice Complex, 408 2nd Av. North, Suite 1170.
- We currently support Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher for
Windows operating systems. Other browsers (such as Netscape and Opera) may work,
but we do not support them. Users may wish to keep web browsing software current
by downloading patches and upgrades as necessary.
- By clicking the pay and enroll button, you agree that you do not
hold a CLASS A, B, or C commercial driver’s license (CDL); that your license
was not classified CDL on the date that the citation was issued. If you proceed
with enrollment and you possess a CDL, you will not receive credit for the school
and the school fee becomes non-refundable. CDL holders are prohibited from enrolling
in a traffic diversion program for the purpose of masking the driving history per
Please note that on-line courses are only available for persons who qualify for
First Offender Training or Defensive Driving, 4 hour classes. All other applicants
must take the course by live class.
If you have had a course previously scheduled and were absent from class you are
not eligible for an online class.